This time of the year carries the expectation of reflection and I really love that. The days go by so fast that it's always a struggle to take time out to assess our goals and the big picture of our lives. It's built into this season and I always look forward to it.
As I reflect back over 2017, here are some of the things on my heart... a whole bunch of things that we can be thankful for as a church:
- P. Del and Arlene led us so well and modelled Christ in every part of their lives. It was our privilege to be the church who celebrated their ministry and were able to thank them on behalf of 37+ years of people they have impacted.
- Our staff, who were all brought onto the team after years of showing excellence in lay ministry. They each took on a new challenge and grace and passion.
- Miss Margaret remained a consistent, godly presence in our kids' lives and gave great leadership to her ministries even as many things changed around her.
- Our board continues to be a picture of prayerful and gracious leadership. We are so blessed.
- A congregation of people who genuinely like each other and care about each others needs.
These are the people that I got to link arms with every day in 2017. You are a gift to me and to the rest of your church family. We know we won't ever be perfect in this life but I am confident of our ability to advance the Kingdom of God in Kitchener as the Lord enables us. It is my honour and joy to be your Lead Pastor.
Grateful for this year and anticipating a beautiful 2018,
All Things New
"The faithful love of the Lord never ends! His mercies never cease. Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning." Lamentations 3:22-23
As has become our tradition, our speaking team will take some time to reflect on 2017 and then look into what we're anticipating for 2018. It's always lots of fun and hopefully sparks some reflection for you as well. But, of course, that's not all we have going on... because it's 5th Sunday!
New Year's Eve AM - 5th Sunday Service @ 10:00 w/ Baptisms (yeah!)
New Year's Eve PM - Appetizer Potluck & Board Games - 4:00-6:00pm